HEALTH & FITNESS ON THE ROAD: HOW TO EXERCISE EVERY DAY WHEREVER YOU ARE IN THE WORLD
FITNESS, FUN & FRIENDSHIPS
One of the best ways to commit to an exercise routine wherever you are in the world is to ask yourself this question:
If I MADE EXERCISE A MAIN PRIORITY IN MY LIFE, WHAT WOULD I HAVE TO SHIFT?
1: My schedule
2: My focus
3: My priorities
4: Something else
My aim as a health and fitness coach is to talk about health and wellness in a way that will make you adventures as exciting and enjoyable as possible and studies show that just 30-minutes of exercise a day can:
- Boost mood
- Improve sleep
- Control blood sugar
- Combat stress
However, when you're on the road and your geographical environment is constantly changing, it can be challenging -- something I know about firsthand having worked as an adventure Tour Leader for over ten years.
Time management and motivation were my to biggest struggles and maybe they're yours too which leads me to this week's podcast with Sean Conway.
Well known for his quirky take on endurance sports and adventures, Sean is the first and only man in history to cycle, swim and run the length of Britain.
Are you ready to commit to a fitness event this year? Here are Sean's top tips for getting started and staying motivated:
1: Find the right people to support your crazy ideas!
2: Have a physical goal to focus on
3: Time management -- deal with it!
I’m excited to share this week’s podcast with you so go an have a listen and here are my top 3 Fitness events you can commit to wherever you are in the world:
- The Tough Mudder, from beginners to elite athletes, there's a course for all fitness levels, you'll find events across 4 continents and if you're traveling solo you can rock up on your own and get instant love and support from the TM community.
- Run The Edge, run or walk thousands of miles by yourself or with a team. I love this concept because it encourages you to stay in touch with friends and family either at home or around the world. Run The Edge provide the tools to track your miles, motivation to keep you going, and community to provide support and inspiration along the way.
- The Conqueror Event Series, make every mile count towards conquering a fitness goal in 2018. From waling the length of the U.K to cycling route 66, each fitness challenge is fun, interesting and will keep you focused and motivated to exercise whether you are a seasoned pro or just starting out or starting over.
I would love to know which fitness event you’re going to commit to doing this year, leave a comment below and let me know.
If you have a friend, family member or significant other who you feel could benefit from this blog post then please SHARE THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF IT with them too using those neat little share buttons to your left.
Here's to fitness, fun and friendships.
- The exact action steps you need to take to commit to a fitness event this year
- The 3 essential elements of life
- That your crazy ideas and goals ARE possible with proper planning and time management