RELATIONSHIPS ON THE ROAD: LEARN HOW TO RELATE IN A MATURE HEALTHY WAY WITH JAKE EAGLE
If you google the word healthy, you'll get pictures of kale, chia-seed puddings and flexible young women pulling yoga poses in bizarre and unlikely geographical locations like Instagram ready secret doorways with climbing green vines which just so happen to be at the top of a mountain...
But you won't typically see anything about relationships.
For something so integral to our overall health and happiness, we don't talk about relationships enough and love (or the concept of it in chocolate form) is literally all around us right now because of valentines day.
CHOCOLATE SHAPED HEARTS AND CANDLE-LIT-DINNER-FOR-TWO OFFERS WILL ESCAPE NO MAN OR WOMAN.
Relationships; were you ever educated on how to have them? Did anyone actually teach you how to be a good friend, partner or parent? How much time in the past week or month have you dedicated to improving the relationships you have not only with those closest to you but with people you encounter on a daily basis like your work colleagues or the guy who serves you coffee on your lunch break?
I wanted to open up these questions for discussion and I'm thrilled to have Jake Eagle of Live Conscious back on the podcast this week.
One of the best ways to commit improving your relationships wherever you are in the world is to ask yourself this question:
WHAT ARE MY RELATIONSHIP GOALS THIS YEAR?
Relationships are actually about relating to others and here are Jake's top tips on how to do that in a mature healthy way:
1: Know that you are responsible for your own feelings and emotional wellbeing
2: Learn to turn toward conflict, tension or difficulty in relationships instead of away
3: Re-do yourself -- if you behave in a way you don't feel good about, go back and re-do yourself by saying, "the way I just spoke to you didn't feel right to me" and re-do want you want to say in a mature way, the quicker the re-do the less the suffering.
4: Shift your energy by shifting your posture -- lift your sternum to open your heart and pay close attention to how you relate to others when you do that
5: Ask yourself, am I thrilled to be alive
I’m excited to share this week’s podcast with you so go an have a listen.
I would love to know what your relationships goals are for 2018, leave a comment below and let me know.
If you have a friend, family member or significant other who you feel could benefit from this blog post then please SHARE THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF IT with them too using those neat little share buttons to your left.
Here's to relationships on the road.
- Exactly what to do if there's conflict, difficulty or tension in your relationships right now
- The difference between safety consciousness and heart consciousness and how you can shift your energy to improve your relationships
- How and why you should be an active listener
RESOURCES & PODCAST NOTES
- Find out more about the work Jake and his wife Hannah do over on their website or email Jake at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listen to the first Interview with jake about what it really means to live consciously over here
- Favourite book: The Wisdom Of Insecurity By Alan Watts
- Best advice ever received: Be generous
- Best purchase under $100: Orchids
- Favourite quote: One marvels not about the way things are but that they are